NEWHOUSE & VOGLER, CPAS has an opening for an entry–level accountant position.
We are an established Alaskan accounting firm based in Anchorage. With over 30 years of experience, we are committed to serving our clients with competence while providing close, personal attention. The firm’s success is rooted in our people and building lifelong relationships with our clients while helping them meet respond to challenges and maximize opportunities. We value a relaxed, low–stress working environment while staying committed to providing the high level of service that our clients are used to receiving. We place a great emphasis on Alaskan community involvement, empowerment, and support.
Our clients operate in a wide array of industries and locations and range from local governments and not–for–profit organizations to for–profit corporations. We specialize in delivering tailored solutions to the variety of accounting tasks that our clients face with a primary focus on audit, assurance, and tax services.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of your career through the broad range of learning opportunities that we offer. Because of our size, the staff gains experience and matures much sooner than is typically possible working for larger firms. Responsibilities will range from audit and assurance services to tax return preparation. All employees have the opportunity to diversify their skills and specialize in all of the areas.
- Assist in the various areas of audit and tax engagements
- Research laws and regulations and apply the results of research
- Keep the supervisors informed of status of engagements
- Prepare client correspondence including requests, inquiries, and responses
- Prepare correspondence with taxing authorities
- Prepare quarterly tax filings
- Perform various accounting assignments
- Demonstrate an awareness and ability to effectively apply the firm software package in assigned areas
We are looking for a candidate with a quality service mindset that is enthusiastic and enjoys working as a part of a team. An ideal candidate:
- Is actively enrolled in an accredited accounting curriculum that satisfies the 150–hour academic requirement towards CPA certification
- Demonstrates academic success (GPA of 3.2 or greater)
- Has strong time management, communication, and relationship–building skills
- Exhibits excellent problem–solving and analytical abilities
- Is a dependable and proactive self–starter with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Maintains and promotes ethical and firm values in conducting all business activities
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
We practice a healthy work–life balance. This position offers flexible hours; full–time and part–time available. This is a paid position; the compensation is commensurate with market and dependent upon experience. We offer a generous leave policy and a flexible working environment.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward cover letter, resume, and college transcript to email@example.com. Feel free to include details that allow us to learn about you personally and professionally. Culture fit is very important, and we place great emphasis on you being a valuable addition to the team!